What are Watch D.O.G.S.?
- Watch D.O.G.S. (Dads of Great Students) -is the father involvement initiative of the National Center for Fathering that organizes fathers and father figures in order to provide positive male role models for the students and to enhance school security.
- We have implemented this program here at Crescent Elementary and it helps to engage men, inspire children, reduce bullying and enhance the educational environment at our school.
- Who are WatchDOGS? Fathers, grandfathers, step-fathers, uncles, and other father figures who volunteer to serve at least one day a year in a variety of school activities as assigned by the school principal.
In order to become a Crescent Elementary WatchDOG you need to do three simple things:
1. Fill out a volunteer application through Canyons School District and get yourself approved as a volunteer. Once you have submitted it online you can contact the school office to see if you have been approved. Make sure you submit this several days before your WatchDOG day, in order to avoid you showing up just to get sent home because you weren't approved yet. They will send you home.
2. Sign up for your first day as a WatchDOG by going to http://signup.com/go/2WJvJM. This is how you can sign up for as many days as are available during the year. You will receive reminders as well from this system. You can also make changes if you have to. You will spend the whole day at school.
3. Purchase an official WatchDOG uniform. It's recommended that you buy one of these because you will likely be coming back more than once. If you simply can't afford one or there isn't enough time to get it here, we have a few in the office that can be borrowed for the day.
Once you have gone through these steps and still have questions, feel free to contact:
Jeff (Top Dog) Jaramillo or Wes Tillman
*We're using Sign-Up to organize our volunteers.
Please sign up for Watch Dog Day - here's how it works in 3 easy steps:
1. Click this link to go to our invitation page on Sign-Up http://signup.com/go/2WJvJM
2. Enter your email address
3. Sign up! Choose your spots - Sign-Up will send you an automated confirmation and reminders. Easy!
Note: Sign-Up does not share your email address with anyone.
**NEW** Appreciation Prize Drawing details below: