A Continuing Tradition
We strive to create a positive, proactive, and safe educational environment. Our goal is to establish a nurturing, motivating, exciting learning experience, emphasizing language arts, mathematics, and science. We work hard to meet individual needs, and develop problem solving and higher level thinking skills. Our school promotes the development of respect, responsibility, caring, and good citizenship that will help prepare our students for the opportunities of an ever-changing world.
* Every student can learn, under the correct circumstances.
* It is a privilege for our faculty to provide a safe environment for all students.
* We all possess talents that can help others if shared.
* Parents, teachers, and students need to work together to achieve success.
• The school was built in 1981. Many of our students have community roots dating back to pioneer days. We enjoy a strong partnership between students, parents, faculty, and community.
• Crescent operates on a traditional schedule. On Monday through Thursday school begins at 9:00 a.m. and ends at 3:35 p.m. On Friday school begins at 9:00 a.m. and ends at 1:55 p.m. AM Kindergarten hours are 9:00 a.m. - 11:40 a.m. on Monday through Thursday and Friday 9:00 a.m. - 11:00 a.m. PM Kindergarten hours are 12:55 p.m.- 3:35 p.m. on Monday through Thursday and 11:55 a.m. - 1:55 p.m. on Friday.
• Our student enrollment is around 585 students in grades Kindergarten through fifth.
• Crescent Elementary received the FIVE STAR AWARD FOR EXCELLENCE given by Jordan School District Board for "Outstanding School Public Relations", 2008.
• Parent volunteers log over 1200 volunteer hours each year. Every year, volunteers must sign up through Canyons District's website: www.canyonsdistrict.org
• We welcome visitors. Always check into the front office for a visitor's pass.