December 2013 Calendar
Monday-Friday, December 2–February 21..Open Enrollment for 2014-15 school year
Wednesday, December 4………………………………PTA Board Meeting in the Cafeteria @ 10:00 AM
Friday, December 20…………………………………….PTA Spirit Day
Monday-Friday, December 23-January 3…Winter Recess – No School
Monday, January 6…………………………………….School resumes
New ATTENDANCE phone line to report absences is: 801-826-8272
PLEASE LIKE US ON FACEBOOK (Crescent Elementary) FOR THE MOST UP-TO-DATE INFORMATION AT CRESCENT.
You may view the lunch calendar online at:
-REMEMBER, IF YOU WILL BE VOLUNTEERING AT THE SCHOOL IN ANY CAPACITY, YOU MUST COMPLETE THE VOLUNTEER APPLICATION AND BE APPROVED. YOU CAN DO THIS ONLINE AT: www.canyonsdistrict.org under the heading Community then click on “volunteers”. THIS IS A DISTRICT POLICY AND AN APPLICATION MUST BE COMPLETED EVERY SCHOOL YEAR. THANKS FOR YOUR COOPERATION.
*PTA Meetings are the first Wednesday of each month in the cafeteria @ 10:00 AM. All PTA members are invited!
Earn money for Crescent every time you use your Smith's reward card. To enroll, print and present the above letter and your rewards card during your next visit to Smith's. The cashier will scan the barcode on the letter to link Crescent to your card. Then each time you use your rewards card, Smith's will donate to our school. You must re-enroll each year. Thanks for your support!
How to Sign Up to Be a WatchDOG
1. Fill out a volunteer application through Canyons School District and get yourself approved as a volunteer. Once you have submitted it online you can contact the school office (801-826-8200) to see if you have been approved. Make sure you submit this several days before your WatchDOG day, in order to avoid you showing up just to get sent home because you weren't approved yet. They will send you home.
2. Sign up for your first day as a WatchDOG by going through Volunteerspot*. This is how you can sign up for as many days as are available during the year. You will receive reminders as well from this system. You can also make changes if you have to. You will spend the whole day at school.
3. Purchase an official WatchDOG uniform. It's recommended that you buy one of these because you will likely be coming back more than once. If you simply can't afford one or there isn't enough time to get it here, we have a few in the office that can be borrowed for the day.
Once you have gone through these steps and still have questions, feel free to contact:
Jeff (Top Dog) Jaramillo
*We're using VolunteerSpot (the leading online signup and reminder tool) to organize our volunteers.
Please sign up for Watch Dog Day - here's how it works in 3 easy steps:
1. Click this link to go to our invitation page on VolunteerSpot: http://vols.pt/3esYrh
2. Enter your email address: (You will NOT need to register an account on VolunteerSpot)
3. Sign up! Choose your spots - VolunteerSpot will send you an automated confirmation and reminders. Easy!
Note: VolunteerSpot does not share your email address with anyone. If you prefer not to use your email address, please contact me and I can sign you up manually.